A major fire erupted about 11 a.m. Friday in the parking lot of a Snake River Pool and Spa at Orchard and Clark Streets in Boise and quickly spread to Parkwood Apartments next door.
Boise fire department made a rapid and massive response with at lease nine apparatus. They made a quick stop, but many of the apartments will be unlivable. Officials said there were no injuries.
It appeared the huge plume of black smoke visible from throughout the city was caused by burning plastic hot tubs and shipping pallets. The intense heat and rapid spread of the fire created a challenge for firefighters.
GUARDIAN editor Dave Frazier is posting the copyrighted images which cannot be published or downloaded without permission.