Rather than try to interpret the rules, we are posting the entire contents of a press release from Ada County Chief Election Officer Chris Rich.
Early voting in Ada County will begin:
· Monday, April 30, 2012 and will continue through Friday, May 11, 2012
· Hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
· Monday through Friday
· At400 N Benjamin Lane, Suite 100, Boise
Voters are asked to bring photo identification.
This Primary election will be Idaho’s first closed primary. Consequently, voters will be asked to affiliate with one of the following:
· Democrat Party
· Constitution Party
· Libertarian Party
· Republican Party
Once affiliated, voters will select their ballot:
· Democrat, Constitution and Libertarian Party members will be able to vote the Democrat or Nonpartisan ballot.
· Republicans will be able to vote the Democrat, Nonpartisan or Republican ballot.
Voters wishing to vote for partisan races such as those for Congress, the Idaho Legislature or County will need to select a Democrat or Republican ballot.
Those selecting the Nonpartisan ballot will only vote for three unopposed judges. Once a ballot selection has been made, it cannot be exchanged.
Visit Adacountyelections.com for sample ballots and polling place locations.
To insure more advertising-free Boise Guardian news, please consider financial support.