“Chicago Sam,” a long time GUARDIAN reader, compiled some info gleaned mostly from the College of Western Idaho website which reveals the institution has multiple venues either owned, or leased in Canyon and Ada Counties.
He offers a summary along with the owners of leased parcels to the best of his ability to obtain the information. We offer this information in light of the recent issues surrounding the purchase agreement between CWI and the Rice Family trust for land at 30th and Main in Boise.
CWI has 14 identified locations on their website. Some are owned by CWI and tax exempt, others are leased.
Here is a condensed rundown:
1. Ada County Lynx building–9300 Overland road–total value $5,047,000 tax paid $86,709.62 owned by SUNDANCE INVESTMENTS PARTNERSHIP
2. Ada County Campus Mallard bldg. 9100W. Black Eagle Drive–total value $4,042,000 tax paid $66,759.99 owned by SUNDANCE INVESTMENTS PARTNERSHIP
3.Ada County Campus Pintail Center– 1360 S. Eagle Flight Way-
-owned by SHERRON LIMITED PARTNERSHIP–TOTAL VALUE $4,191,800–TAX PAID $72,006.96—10 year lease
4. Ada County Campus Quail Building–1450 Eagle Flight Way
owned by SHERRON LIMITED PARTNERSHP–TOTAL VALUE $4,191,800
5. Canyon County Center–2407 Caldwell Blvd–exempt property –was part of BSU and turned over to CWI
6. CWI Culinary Arts @ BSU—1310 University Drive
7. CWI Fruitland—129 N. Whitley Drive, Fruitland
8 CWI Horticulture–2444 Old Penitentiary Road, Boise
9.Nampa Campus Academic Building–5500 E. Opportunity Drive–tax exempt and owned by CWI –97.61 Acres
10.Nampa Campus Administration Building–6056 Birch Ln. owned by Big Sky Investors, 7761. W Riverside Dr. Boise–total value $3,119,400
11.Nampa Campus Aspen Classroom Bldg.–6002 Birch Lane–total value $2,046,040–
owned by Big Sky Investors LLC
12. Nampa Campus Micron Center For Professional Technical Education–5725 E. Franklin Road, Nampa–owned by CWI and tax exempt but value is listed @ $11,078,910–16.36 Acres–believe this is formerly Sam’s Club.
13. Nampa Campus Multipurpose Building–6042 Birch Lane, Nampa owned by Aspen Creek Partners, 7761 W Riverside Drive Boise–total value $2, 736,100
14. Nampa Campus Professional Truck Driving–5252 Treasure Valley Way, Nampa
—-name association–Big Sky Investors–William D. Evans reg agent, 7761 Riverside Drive
Lexicon properties Inc.–Dyan Chacon Gilbert Chacon
Aspen Creek Partners–7761 Riverside Drive –David Evans–David Evans Const.
Sherron partners—13095 N. Andy’s Gulch, Boise–John Malitta, HIQ Corparate svcs, 101 Capitol Blvd–Montana registration
Sundance Investments–3405 Overland Rd. Ste 150, Meridian–Roger Anderson, Susan Anderson, Phil O’Bryan
To insure more advertising-free Boise Guardian news, please consider financial support.